kenikki's avatar

kenikki

• Sweden
  • Joined Nov 4, 2007

Story: 5.5/10

The initial idea is good. Some mysterious forces launches a devastating attack on Soul Society and also assaults and kidnaps Rukia. Ichigo, feeling that something might be wrong, travels to Soul Society with Kon to investigate, only to discover that no one has any memory of neither him nor Rukia and is therefore though of as the intruder who caused the attack and is met with hostile force.

For a while this idea is dealt with pretty well, but eventually it spirals into nothing but action fanservice like most shounen filler-movies.

Animation/Artwork/Visual Effects: 8.5/10

From time to time during the course of the movie we get to see some flashbacks from the TV series, and those are usually from the very first episodes. I liked that, because it made me notice the progress Bleach has made in animation over the years. Now, I know that it's obviously gonna be a big difference between a movie's and a TV shows's quality in animation, but I (and most likely the majority that watched thise movie) have seen some (most/all) of the later episodes in the series and can therefore tell that the animation of the show has gone way up. But back to the movie; Bottomline, it looks great. The artwork is nothing revolutionary and it has some unnecessarily "flashy" movements (like shaking ones head when speaking to try and make it look more dramatic or something), but both the aniamtion and visual effects are top noth.

Sound: 4/10

It was nothing but re-used songs that they've played over and over in the TV series. These songs got old a long time ago. Highly unimpressive.

Although the voice actors brings out a very nice performance like usual.

Characters: 4/10

Nothing special to say here. It's same character as always. While Bleach does have a great cast, they're used very poorly here. Almost everyone is used for nothing but fanservice.

Although I did like the decision to make use of Urahara Kisuke. The villains were decent for this kind of move though.

Overall: 5/10

Started out nice, but ended poorly, as expected. The action scenes, while they had nice animation, were decent at best. None of the previous Bleach movies were any good and this one doesn't bring any change to that.

5.5/10 story