Most of my life has been spent moving from place to place (every two years to be more accurate), constantly being surrounded by new people that weren't always friendly and misunderstood by my unique personality especially about why I love japanese animation so much. I first began watching anime when I was in middle school because I had gotten too old for western cartoons and was old enough to stay up late to watch adult swim. My family has always had negative feelings towards anime that caused me to feel emberrassed and reluctant to share the shows that were genuinely good with them. Things got better though when I met a group of people that were equally fond of anime (courtesy of my English class). I had finally found people that I could joke around with and have discussions about various shows. I'm happy to be apart of this site where I can keep track of the many shows that I've watched and want to watch.
Despite my eternal love for anime specifically, I'm a huge fan of animation in general, These are a few handful of shows that I feel are worth mentioning for their enjoyable characters, creative premise and/or impressive animation no matter where they come from.
1. Code Lyoko. ~ Watched/Stalled, Season One
Ulrich Stern and Odd Della Robia
2. Kim Possible
Ronald and Shego
3. Teen Titans.
Robin and Raven
4. Avatar: The Last Airbender ~ Watched, Legend of Korra ~ Watched/Stalled Book Two Spirits.
Katara and Sokka and Toph
Asami and Tenzin
5. Scooby Doo The Witch's Ghost ~ Watched, On Zombie Island ~ Watched and The Cyber Chase ~ Watched.
Velma Dinkley and Norville "Shaggy" Rogers
6. Winx Club: The Secret of the Lost Kingdom ~ Watched.
7. The Secret of NIHM.
8. Totally Spies! ~ Watched/Stalled, Season One
Jerry and Sam
9. RWBY ~ Watched/Stalled, Season Two Halfway Through Episode 10
Yang, Jeanne, Sun and Pyrrha, Roman, Oobleck
10. Various Disney Films: Fantasia, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad, Cinderella ~ Watched, Cinderella A Twist in Time, Treasure Planet, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Robin Hood ~ Watched, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The Rescuers Downunder, The Little Mermaid ~ Watched, Beauty and the Beast ~ Watched, Aladdin ~ Watched, The Lion King 1 & 2, A Goofy Movie ~ Watched, An Extreme Goofy Movie ~ Watched, Hercules ~ Watched, Mulan, Tarzan ~ Watched, Atlantis the Lost Empire ~ Watched, Lilo and Stitch, Brother Bear 2, The Princess and the Frog ~ Watched, Tangled ~ Watched, Frozen ~ Watched.
11. Various Dreamworks Films: How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2, Kung Fu Panda 1 & 2 - Watched, The King of Egypt, Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas, Shrek 2 ~ Watched.
12. My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Equestrian Girls and Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games - Watched
13. Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Wings
14. Coraline - Watched, ParaNorman - Watched, Kubo and the Three Strings - Watched
* I'm not using the rating column in my anime list for actually rating the shows but rather to remember for myself whether I watched it subbed or dubbed. Three stars means English subtitled version. Five stars means English dubbed version. Please disregard that portion of my anime list unless the audio matters to you. Please be aware that just because I prefer the English dub doesn't mean that it's good by critical standards. I tend to be more leanant and forgiving unless there's a translational issue or horrible performance beyond tolerance.
* Those marked as stalled means that I've finished watching the specific portion of my long-running series for whatever reason, for example Bleach and Case Closed. The shows that fall under this catagory have large amounts of filler aka Shounen, are only partially dubbed into English or there's only so much of the series that's worth watching.