kanamekakashi

Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 1000%

28 MAY
2012

I know, in a way, we all love stereotypes. So if you like the male caracters in ouran highschool host club, you might appreciate this story, or be let down by the missed potentiel of this serie.

This is a romance prohibited shoujo (as the teacher says at the start of the story). And no, this is not a trending and doki doki prohibited romance, there is no romance at all. They choose to concentrate the action on music which is fine, but they never used the music material they presented : two violonists, a guitarist and a saxophonist. The composer, who is supposed to be really good, only writes boring or cheesy songs without, of course, any instruments even though she plays piano. So in the end, it sounds cheap. (And i'm rough because they did better in Angel beats or kaichou wa maid-sama even if they are not "music tagged anime'')

Also, the main female caracter is seen by her friends as a kind, air headed, and a hard worker, doing her best in all circomstances. The problem is that she is presented to us, viewers, as a depressing friend, a cry baby and a stressed agoraphobic. Despite her great appereance, she has creepy eyes and no, you won’t get used to it.

I did not understand why they were shintoists allusions with ‘‘magicals’’ sceneries and white birds showing the path of love/friendship. Let’s not forget Cecile, the talking-arabic-or-indian-from-west-cat-with-a-purple-tattoo who has a bigger role than the only girl friend Nanami has.

But hey, what do we have to say, there is so few reverse harem....

Other Anime Reviews by kanamekakashi