jypsyjulia

Inu x Boku SS

24 APR
2012

I would like to rename this show UnhealthyxRelationships XX.

The STORY of InuxBokuSS follows a young girl who has grown up in a cold family.  Because of this, Chiyo has developed a natural defense mechanism that insults and pushes away any one who gets near her.  it's not because she wants to be mean, but because she is terrified of being rejected.  On the flip side, the story introduces Miketsukami - a tortured and lonely young man who is sent to be Chiyo's Secret Service protector.

Both Chiyo and Miketsukami are reincarnations of supernatural beings.  They posess super natural powers and share the memories and feelings of their original beings.  I would have liked to see the story play out more with their powers, but unfortunately this is a shoujo anime, not an action anime.  Do not expect many action scenes.

The ANIMATION of InuxBoku SS is quite beautiful, although animation seems to be getting quite redundant.  I think I can pin it to at least 2010, but ever since then all animes are really starting to look the same and it's a total bummer.  Also, Chiyo has the EXACT SAME build as the girl from GOSICK (and even the same voice actress), so I was a little put off by that.  I would like to see animes return to earlier times when they had a unique animation and look to them.  I feel as if anime is being untrue to the manga because it doesn't honor the mangaka's art.

The SOUND was fine.  Just average, really.  The OP and ending songs weren't anything fantastic or worth listening to over again.  I do love Chiyo's seiyuu.  I loved her in GOSICK and I loved her in this.  She has a fun harsh and sensitive sound that makes for an interesting character.  Everyone else did fine.  I honestly feel as if that's all I can really say about the sound: it's fine.

The CHARACTERS were fun, but I was totally creeped by some of them.  There was a lot of obsession and stalking in this show.  At first, I thought it was meant to be taken normal and was disturbed, but as the show went on, I realized that the creators were aware this was unhealthy.  Miketsukami, in particular, creeped me out much more than I think a shoujo hero should.  The ending and Chiyo's reaction was pretty spectacular, though.

I did LOVE Kagerou's character and i loved how he compared everything to an S&M lifestyle.  He was over the top, ridiculous and flamboyant.  He reminded me a lot of Ayame Souma from Furuba, whom I also adore.  I also really liked Roromiya and Takumi.  They made for an interesting couple and added a lot of comedic relief that had me bursting out laughing in some parts.

My PERSONAL ENJOYMENT might be more along the 7-8 scale.  While the beginning of this anime was boring and got on my nerves, and even though I still think Miketsukami is a total creeper, I had fun with this anime from episode 8 and on.  The characters had interesting relationships with one another and I liked how some of them knew each other from the past.

OVERALL, I would recommend this anime because it is short and fun.  Try not to be too creeped out by al the stalking tendencies you see, because they do call them out and are shown to NOT be normal.  Just have fun with it.  (You might want to skip to episode 8, though, because it gets a little redundant and boring in the beginning).

Other Anime Reviews by jypsyjulia

A-Channel user review by jypsyjulia

A-Channel