jypsyjulia

Vandread

22 APR
2012

Oh, Vandread, Vandread, Vandread.  What the hell did I just watch?

What on Earth is the STORY in this anime?  I really missed it.  I mean, other than the whole boys and girls being separated and then reuniting after growing up with fear of each other. I think that could have been a lot of fun, and the first part of it was, but then it became boring.  How do people manage to make a 13 episode anime boring?  I mean... there's on thirteen episodes!  But I felt very bored and was web surfing from episode 9 on.  The end of the anime began to tell a story with the harvesters, but it seems like season one was just set up expllcably for season two.  Unfortunately, there is no way I will be watching the second.

The ANIMATION for a 2000 anime was pretty fun!  I loved seeing the early CG with their battle ships and such.  It was sort of cute, ha.  The anime itself was very cartoony and very 90's reminiscent.  I liked this particular style because it reminds me of my favorite era of anime.

What an OP!  I swear, early anime used to have such great OP and Ending songs.  What on Earth happened?  I feel like nowadays the anime songs are either slow and tedious or high pitched and annoying.  The OP for Vandread was really fun and a song that I would probably Youtube for back ground music.

The CHARACTERS... oh gosh, what can I saw about the characters?  I honestly don't remember any of their names except Hibiki (although I basically refer to him as Mr. Alien).  The characer designs were vastly different, which was fun, although they all shared ridiculously huge boobs.  There were just so many characters and it was hard to keep track.  Why introduce such an abundant amount of characters in such a short anime?

My PERSONAL ENJOYMENT of this series is probably around the same as the actual score (a first!).  I didn't enjoy this anime after the first three or so episodes, and while the last two episodes might habe been interesting, I had lost all will to actually pay attention.

OVERALL, this anime is a 4/10, thanks to the animation and sound.  I really wouldn't recommend this anime.  Ever.  But if you're intrigued, go and watch and let me know what you think!

Other Anime Reviews by jypsyjulia

Air Movie user review by jypsyjulia

Air Movie

Softenni user review by jypsyjulia

Softenni

Samurai Champloo user review by jypsyjulia

Samurai Champloo