jypsyjulia's avatar

• Grand Gaia
  • Joined Feb 20, 2011

30-sai no Hoken Taiiku

Jul 10, 2011

The STORY of 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku is exactly what it says it is - sex education for thiry year old (virgins).  This was a comically produced anime to deal with the growing social anxiety in Japan for older men and women.  Each episode contains lessons for learning how to date and how to have sex presented by "sex gods" who come to help those thirty year old virgins.

The ANIMATION, for me, was not grand, but then again this isn't an anime that's suppose to focus on the actual animation, but the literal message (the lessons).  I thought the dark outline of each character was kind of weird and it was too cartoon-y for my tastes.

The SOUND was fine - the OP was cute and there was nothing wrong with the voice acting.   There's nothing much to say here - it wasn't wonderful, it wasn't terrible.  A solid C rating.

There is no CHARACTER development in this besides the fact of the two main characters becoming more confident in their bodies and in themselves to eventually have sex and form a relationship with each other.  That was the point of the series as well, so it accomplished what it set out to do.

My PERSONAL ENJOYMENT for this series was probably a 6 - which is basically what I'd give it overall.  It was only 12 minutes long and had they been longer episodes, it might have driven me a little nuts.  I couldn't find it uncensored anywhere so the constant censoring seriously got on my nerves.  I got a few laughs out of the ridiculous sex gods' antics.

OVERALL, I probably wouldn't recommend this anime to anyone unless they're looking for a silly way to learn how to have sex.  (And then you'd have to find it uncensored, then).  Really, if you're going to watch this anime you need to take it for what it is - a sex education anime.  This show set out what it meant to do.