jypsyjulia's avatar

jypsyjulia

• Grand Gaia
  • Joined Feb 20, 2011

The STORY of 3 x 3 Eyes - Seima Densetsu was so much more tolerable for me than it's series predecessor.  I loved the fact that Yoko was a snake who had such personality!  And I thought that the characters really carried this OVA and made it a lot better than the first.  In this OVA, Pai has become Pavarti and does not remember anything about wanting to become human, or that she isn't even a human and Yakumo has set out to find her and remind her of who she is and of their quest.

The ANIMATION was perfectly suitable for an early 1990's anime.  I had no problem with it.  It was neither wonderful nor terrible - a perfect C rating.

The SOUND was better for me in this because Pai was in it less and Pavarti did not disturb me nearly as much with her voice.  The sound rating literally jumps up an entire point because of the lack of Pai, which I appreciated greatly.

I am also much happier with the CHARACTERS this time around.  Yakumo was so much more of a man - his character development was well played in this.  And I much preferred Pavarti to Pai and I also really loved the snake, Yoko.  For me, all of the characters were so much better this time around.

My PERSONAL ENJOYMENT is probably more of a 6 with this, but I am rating it a 7 because I can see that it was better than my own enjoyment level.  I found this a lot easier to get through than it's predecessor but I was glad I had a dog present with me.

OVERALL, I would recommend this if someone had seen 3x3 Eyes already, regardless of if they liked it or not.  If they didn't, I would give them hope because I did think this was better.