jypsyjulia

DearS

1 JUL
2011

This is probably my lowest rated anime.  The STORY was poorly constructed and failed to keep my interest in any way.  It's impossible to have a completely original anime.  However, there just seemed to be a lot more promise that this anime had to offer and, in the end, was completely overlooked in exchange for more sexual innuendos. Don't get me wrong - this anime is an ecchi anime, so of course there needs to be over-the-top situations and I'm not against that.  However, you can have an ecchi anime that also has a decent plot.  This anime didn't seem to understand that fact.

The ANIMATION really bothered me for some reason.  Maybe it's just me but I felt like their faces were just wrong - even for an anime, it seemed disproportionate. (That sounds so ironic).  I was reminded of a pug every time I saw their faces.  Pugs are cute dogs, but on an anime face?  I didn't get the same "cute" effect.  However, I was happy with some of the background and fighting and alien effects.

I was not impressed with any of the seiyuu's in this, so the SOUND didn't do it for me. (I also didn't like the OP or the Ending).  However, do keep in mind I tend to rate voice acting rather critically so this could just be me and you might love it.  But for me, some of the voices got on my nerves.

The CHARACTERS were poorly developed as well.  Once again, you can have cliched characters no problem as long as you can properly develop them and give the audience a sense of feeling.  But I felt nothing.  Even the character development felt forced and uneffective.  And honestly, the teacher?  Wow.  I know this was an ecchi anime, but I would have loved it if the teacher didn't exist.

OVERALL, I would never recommend this unless I know someone who just loves ecchi for ecchi.  If you're in the mood for something that is pure ecchi - then this is definitely the anime for you!  And maybe, had I known that this is what it was going to be like, I would have enjoyed it a bit more for what it was.

Other Anime Reviews by jypsyjulia

Kamisama Dolls user review by jypsyjulia

Kamisama Dolls

Death Note user review by jypsyjulia

Death Note

DearS user review by jypsyjulia

DearS