jypsyjulia

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi

30 JUN
2011

Overall, I did not enjoy this anime much.  The STORY basically consists of two brothers moving to the countryside and forming a harem.  It honestly had no true base and was relying on the characters to get it through.  This is most definitely a character centered anime, rather than a plot centered (and I, personally, prefer the ladder).

The ANIMATION was beautiful!  I especially loved how they drew the eyes with their different and contrasting colors.  I thought it was the most interesting way I've ever seen CG used for eyes.  The rest of their bodies was perfectly fine - nothing extraordinary.  I was glad it didn't look like a typical game-turned-anime.

The SOUND was suited perfectly for the anime.  The OP was sweet, just as the rest of the anime was meant to be sweet.  And the girls all had different, contrasting voices.  The character of Kazuma's voice didn't really do it for me, but I did like listening to all of the other girl's voices.  I thought they did well with that.

The CHARACTERS is another area where the anime lost it for me.  Although I did like the animation and sound, the story and characters just didn't reach me.  For me, it was very obvious who Kazuma was going to end up with in the first episode.  I thought they should have focused on developing this (to me) obvious relationship-to-be rather than focus separately on all the other girls and try to confuse the audience.  That's where the characters lost it, I think.  Although, I will say, that for a harem anime, Kazuma didn't particularly rub me the wrong way.  He was cliched and clueless but he didn't lose his good charm by doing something sketch.  (That's a nice reprieve).

All in all, I wouldn't recommend it, but it didn't make me want to gouge my eyes out.  It's definitely not an anime worth re-watching (or even watching once, really), but I'm glad to have found new seiyuu's I like.

Other Anime Reviews by jypsyjulia

5 Centimeters per Second user review by jypsyjulia

5 Centimeters per Second

H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ user review by jypsyjulia

H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~

comments

jypsyjulia avatar jypsyjulia
Jun 20, 2012

@Fragacide: I'm glad you were able to find an anime that has a plot line you enjoy :)  I think I just need to give up on harem anime in general, because it's not one I seem to enjoy.

@RingoStar1991:  Thank you for your comment and support.  I wish I could have liked this anime more as well because the animation was gorgeous and seemed so promising -- it actually reminded me of AIR TV according to the synopsis.

RingoStarr1991 avatar RingoStarr1991
May 6, 2012

Very good review; I really wanted to like this anime but overall it came off as an average slice of life anime that bairly kept me interested until the end.

default avatar Fragacide
Jul 14, 2011

I agree in many parts. I, however, liked the storyline they set out. It's a bit cliche to use the old "kid comes back to a small village after growing up, meets an old friend, and makes new ones" story, but I like it. It's personally my favorite. As far as Kazuma goes, the boy was a little too clueless sometimes, but overall a great character for this type of anime. I also agree that it should of focussed on a single relationship overall. They could of easily done that and kept the harem interest intact. That would of also allowed him to of developed a personality more suited to my tastes, one that is a bit more caring and understanding of the girls' feelings. (not that he doesn't care, just that he sometimes doesn't realize.) I'd have to agree with this review more then the others that give it too much praise. It was your typical time wasting harem. It's something to stare at, but if you've got something more important to watch, then go do that first. I sat through this anime in 2 days, so I didn't dedicate too much of my life for it. 6 eps a night kept me just entertained enough. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10, however, due to my own bias.