jypsyjulia's avatar

• Grand Gaia
  • Joined Feb 20, 2011

Yumeiro Pâtissière

Jun 28, 2011

Everything in this anime felt perfectly average and the STORY wasn't any exception.  Watch a young girl on her journey to become a world class Patissiere - she moves to the best pastry school in the country and, of course, be-friends the best looking boys in the school.  One thing that I LOVED about this anime, however, was the cute little sprites who helped out with the pastry making.  I was hoping that there would be little faeries when the first episode hinted at them, and was not disappointed.  I would love to recommend this anime... if it wasn't so long!  50 episodes felt much too much for an anime that could have easily been shorted into 12.

Once again, the ANIMATION felt very average.  It sort of felt like it wanted to be CG animated, but at the same time, it didn't.  I don't know, maybe that's just the way I saw it. I wasn't too impressed with the characters, however everything they baked always was so shiny and wonderfully animated.  And the queen always looked very beautiful.

I actually saw this anime quite a bit ago, so I am going off memory, but I do remember liking the SOUND.  I don't particularly remember the OP, so it may not have been very striking, but I did like the seiyuu's work.  I thought that everyone sounded as they should.  I like it when I can predict how a voice character will sound and they sound how I predicted.

CHARACTERS weren't anything substantial.  As far as the main body went, it just felt like we were watching a few middle schoolers learn the art of pastry making... which may have been exactly what they were looking to portray.  However, I was hoping for a bit of depth to each character.  They all felt quite one dimensional.  I did like the faeries and I enjoyed when they came into the picture and interacted with the humans.  I hated it when it was just them, so go figure.

Overall, Yumeiro Patissiere is a sweet anime that may have been much more enjoyable if it had been 12 or 24 episodes long.  However, if you have some free time and want something cute, then this might just be it.

jypsyjulia says...