jypsyjulia's avatar

• Grand Gaia
  • Joined Feb 20, 2011

Lotte no Omocha!

Jun 28, 2011

**I am not a fan of loli (which is a term I didn't even know existed before I watched this anime) and because of that, it may have prevented me from enjoying this anime.  However, I believe it when I saw that I will never like loli and I believe this anime was borderline into pedophilia.

As far as the STORY is concerned, I was deeply disturbed by the plot.  The main basis for this anime is that Lotte, a young succubus, must suck the life seed out of males in order to live stronger.  (Life seed here being semen).  Perhaps this wouldn't be as disturbing if Lotte wasn't a ten year old girl.  And the first person in her male harem is a 23 year old with a daughter older than Lotte!  Although it is touching to see Naoya soften Lotte's heart toward men (she previously had a cold heart towards them), there are still many instances that were way too creepy for me to overlook.  I did watch the entire anime, in hopes that maybe there would be more of a father-daughter relationship formed between Lotte and Naoya, but I walked away feeling just as creeped as I had when I began watching it.

I did, however, enjoy the ANIMATION.  I found it to be perfectly suitable for an anime that revolved around a 10 year old girl (no matter how creepy the rest of the plot was).  It consisted of large, childish eyes and smaller figures.  The only thing I did not enjoy is that some parts of their body had a pinkish tint.  For example, large breasts, shoulders, bums, etc.  I couldn't figure out if this was suppose to be appealing or cute.

As far as SOUND goes, I did enjoy the OP quite a bit and it was one of the few I liked to listen to, rather than just fast forward through.  I also didn't mind many of the seiyuu's, however... why the heck did Naoya sound like a 8 year old boy when he is suppose to be a 23 year old man!?  I understand maybe they tried to make him sound younger so that his relationship with Lotte wouldn't seem as creepy, but... in my opinion, it only made it that much creepier.

One thing this anime isn't lacking is loli - which I quite quickly discovered I am not a fan of.  Most of the CHARACTERS in this anime were not well developed and just followed regular cliches that other animes have used before, and quite frequently.  I did, however, like the character of Ashua.

Overall, this anime was definitely not my style and not an anime I would want to watch again.  I make it a fact to always watch all animes I decide to begin watching all the way through and to never drop them, however there were many times I wished that I had never made that vow while watching this anime.

nefzes says...