jypsyjulia

Lotte no Omocha!

28 JUN
2011

**I am not a fan of loli (which is a term I didn't even know existed before I watched this anime) and because of that, it may have prevented me from enjoying this anime.  However, I believe it when I saw that I will never like loli and I believe this anime was borderline into pedophilia.

As far as the STORY is concerned, I was deeply disturbed by the plot.  The main basis for this anime is that Lotte, a young succubus, must suck the life seed out of males in order to live stronger.  (Life seed here being semen).  Perhaps this wouldn't be as disturbing if Lotte wasn't a ten year old girl.  And the first person in her male harem is a 23 year old with a daughter older than Lotte!  Although it is touching to see Naoya soften Lotte's heart toward men (she previously had a cold heart towards them), there are still many instances that were way too creepy for me to overlook.  I did watch the entire anime, in hopes that maybe there would be more of a father-daughter relationship formed between Lotte and Naoya, but I walked away feeling just as creeped as I had when I began watching it.

I did, however, enjoy the ANIMATION.  I found it to be perfectly suitable for an anime that revolved around a 10 year old girl (no matter how creepy the rest of the plot was).  It consisted of large, childish eyes and smaller figures.  The only thing I did not enjoy is that some parts of their body had a pinkish tint.  For example, large breasts, shoulders, bums, etc.  I couldn't figure out if this was suppose to be appealing or cute.

As far as SOUND goes, I did enjoy the OP quite a bit and it was one of the few I liked to listen to, rather than just fast forward through.  I also didn't mind many of the seiyuu's, however... why the heck did Naoya sound like a 8 year old boy when he is suppose to be a 23 year old man!?  I understand maybe they tried to make him sound younger so that his relationship with Lotte wouldn't seem as creepy, but... in my opinion, it only made it that much creepier.

One thing this anime isn't lacking is loli - which I quite quickly discovered I am not a fan of.  Most of the CHARACTERS in this anime were not well developed and just followed regular cliches that other animes have used before, and quite frequently.  I did, however, like the character of Ashua.

Overall, this anime was definitely not my style and not an anime I would want to watch again.  I make it a fact to always watch all animes I decide to begin watching all the way through and to never drop them, however there were many times I wished that I had never made that vow while watching this anime.

Other Anime Reviews by jypsyjulia

Air Movie user review by jypsyjulia

Air Movie

Lotte no Omocha! user review by jypsyjulia

Lotte no Omocha!

comments

jypsyjulia avatar jypsyjulia
Jun 20, 2012

@JAhU:  Ha ha!  I can certainly understand why you couldn't stand Lotte's mother.  She was disturbing on many, many levels.  I'm also glad it didn't develop into a harem anime.  I may not have been able to stomach it all the way through if it had.

@BurntFlower: I'm so glad that it helped!

@Whizwaz: Asuha's background was a bit disturbing; I think I was able to look over that because I liked her character, ha!

@jiropracter: Thank you for the compliment!

@nefzes: Yes, it is. :(  Thanks for reading my review!

JAhU avatar JAhU
Nov 26, 2011

Curiosity got better of me and I watched this crap.

Thankfully the main basis of the plot never got really explored, but this anime was plenty disturbing even without that. I agree with most of the stuff you wrote in your review. I noticed that some of the BGMs were actually decent. For me, out of all the characters Ini was the one closest to being likable (due to her personality). For obvious reasons I couldn't stand Lotte's mother.

The one good thing about this series was that it never developed into a harem one, but that's not very reassuring considering how much disturbing crap went on.

I've seen this anime being compared to Hayate no Gotoku a lot, but even with its flaws HnG is light years better than this crap.

BurntFlower avatar BurntFlower
Jul 26, 2011

I found this review helpful. I'm going to stay far away from this anime.

Whizwaz avatar Whizwaz
Jul 21, 2011

Agreed. Lots of creepiness going on in this one if you stop and think about it. I also had a problem with Asuha and her background, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

jiropracter avatar jiropracter