jypsyjulia's avatar

• Grand Gaia
  • Joined Feb 20, 2011

Usagi Drop

Mar 4, 2014

Straight up, I ruined this for myself by looking up the show on Google.  It was an innocent search!  I was just trying to remember some people's names and I accidentally read the ending of the manga.  I CAN'T EVEN.  It ruined the show for me and, from then on, everytime I watched this, I got pretty reasonably creeped out.

Therefore, I'm not going to do my usual in-depth review because I don't think I can get over the creep-factor just yet.  I will say that I powered through this anime, which means it's definitely worth the watch, in my opinion.  It's a beautiful story of a man who ends up raising his grandfather's illegitamite child and how he and the child, Rin, grow to form a sort of family of their own.

The animation is beautiful and it's quite different from a lot of the cookie cutter anime that's coming out nowadays (since 2010, really).  It's simple with a watercolor effect with makes it a powerful backdrop for this kind of story.

If you're looking for something a bit unusual (I'd never seen an anime like this), sweet and uplifting, then I'd recommend this.  I really think it's worth the watch.

Just don't google the manga ending.  Seriously.

jypsyjulia says...

@Ringo: I'll send you a comment on your profile because I don't want to spoil it for the manga readers.

Mar 16, 2014
RingoStarr1991 says...

They were not related at all so....whats the problem? Age is a very superficial reason to be grossed out.

Mar 15, 2014