default avatar

jonjon1234

• Joined Sep 17, 2013

Genocyber

Nov 23, 2013

Genocyber is without a doubt, one of the worst animes I have ever seen.

The story for Genocyber is about a girl named Elaine who has psychic powers and she end's up having the ability to transform into a killing machine known as: The Genocyber. As the OVA series progresses, she end's up facing off with the military and goes on the run.

The story may sound interesting but it's filled with some plot holes that make no sense including the final scene in the show and the anime is also filled with bad character development and the series is mostly boring.

I did not care about the characters because there were times where I was like: "Hmmm, that mean bully is going to die", they're bland along with the villains since they're boring and underdeveloped, and they felt more like characters from a horror movie.

For example: In episode 4, we're introduced to a guy that rules a utopian city and acts like Adolf Hitler. That's it. The same can be said for these two cyborgs who go to Hong Kong and capture Elaine but the writers don't tell us  why they want to kidnap Elaine.

I will give the series some credit for it's animation and fight scenes. The animation was good but nothing special and I have to admit: the claymation sequences from the first episode were pretty cool. The designs for the Genocyber and cyborgs were cool as well. The fight scenes are very intense and cool to watch.

Overall, Genocyber is one of the worst animes I have ever seen. It's filled with lots of gore, bad character development, and the OVA is mostly boring.

1.5/10 overall