jholovacs's avatar

• Rochester NY
  • Joined May 21, 2007

Angel Densetsu

Oct 13, 2009

Angel Densetsu is pretty darn funny... which is kind of amazing, as there is not a whole lot to make this manga stand out.

The art starts off pretty bad.  The mangaka does not get into his stride until about 20-30 chapters into the story.  The plot devices are simplistic and used repeatedly, but in different ways, so it doesn't really get old.  The characters are fairly monolithic, (the fearsome looking teddy bear, the giant tough-looking pushover, the talented and viscious pretty girl, the quasi-autistic pretty girl with no sense of shame, etc), but the interaction is fresh and amusing.

All in all, if you expect to be intellectually challenged or admire the artwork, this is not a good manga for you.  If you are looking at some amusement and a few laughs, this can really be entertaining.

EpE says...

that manga was good

for something old it actuly made me laught and entertained me with the story.

it was my first manga I had ever read and so far the only one I had completed xD

im gonaa check out more mangas later on

Apr 4, 2011
chibigamer says...

I myself truly liked this manga , it was really fun to read and i actually liked several characters in it and its kinda sad that their story has ended...

About the art ... well yes , it isn't the best , but i belive it is corrected by the fact that the characters and how they act fit perfectly! (althought i sometimes wondered how the redhead (no 8.) could be that stupid ^^)

so from me this manga will get a strong 5 (out of 5) and i'd recommend it to anyone who likes fights with a lot of humor around it!

Jul 6, 2010