iiT3CK

GANTZ

29 MAY
2013

Warning - Contains Spoilers

The plotline for Gantz is actually really original, and pretty cool. However, it automatically looses a point for having an open ended ending. I'm getting a bad case of shotgun-diarrea from shows that don't end conclusively. Moving on though, the other holes in the story are simply the lack of explanation. I have no idea who/what GANTZ is, or how he got there. And this series really tosses logic out the window a lot, but hey, what do I know. Also, as the story progresses, it really just gets bizzare near the end. The last arc was completly inferior compared to the rest.

Animation:

Alright it has solid animation. Won't bash on it to much here. The charcters were drawn pretty well. And overall they did a decent job. Only real downside to the animation is that I could have gone without the hentai. I mean, its whatever to me. But it seems as if thats one of the main focal points of the animation.

Sound:

Decent soundtrack, I liked the opening theme. Nothing spectacular, but not bad either. Heres a suggestion for you though in the case you havn't seen this show... When they're hunting the suzaku alien (probably spelt that wrong), don't wear headphones. If you cherish your ear drums at all don't make that fuckin mistake. Seriously it sounds like a jet engine taking off in your ear, and that's not an exaggeration. What's even worse is when instead of one of those aliens doing there hyper beam attack, is when there's 8 or 9 of them doing it at once.... I can officially sleep threw anything now, on the plus side.

Charcters:

..... Do you really wanna know how bad the cast is for GANTZ? my favorite character was the dog. It would be a lot funnier if I wasn't being serious. There are 2 reasons why...

1. He doesn't have a speaking role

2. We share a common interest in female genetalia.

No seriously guys, you will hate everyone in this show. The only other charcter I even kinda liked was Mishi; and he's a twisted fuck serial killer. Everyone in this show is ridiculously stupid as well. They're about to be killed, so they just stand there and discuss it.. over and over again. I got so sick of how dumb the chacrters were, it's unbelievable how stupid you can portray people. And it's not even just the people in the show; the aliens are equally mentally impaired. They have so many oppurtunities to kill people it's absurd. And 90% of the time they just stand there, preparring an attack. This scenario gets really old, really fast.

Overall:

Interesting story, stupid fuckin characters. Any potential for a good show gets thrown out the window because of the terrible cast. I would say it's worth watching. Some mindless action is always good fun, and it's one of those cases where the show is so stupid, it's actually kind of good. Not the worst thing I've ever seen, but don't get your hopes up.

~Phantom