iiT3CK's avatar

• Joined May 17, 2013

Welcome to the NHK!

May 28, 2013

Warning - Contains Minor Spoilers

Welcome to the NHK! Full of laughs, drama, and Hentai games. That's the recipe you need for a great show. Honestly, I didn;t expect much coming into this show, but I was quite surprised. The story is actually quite simple, yet it's very well drawn. In short it's about a guy who's a need. In other words, a guy who never leaves his house. And that's pretty much the premise of the show. The show is actually quite funny, I got a lot of good laughs out of it. Furthermore, the conversations and theories presented throughout the show are actually very intellectual; a bit pessimistic at times; but sophisticated none-the-less. Overall, the directors did an exceptionally good job of giving you a belivable, entertaining story. I do feel it started to drift away from its roots a bit, but its still excellent.

Animation:

Personally, I think the animation was very good. Not phenominal, but certainly good. Charcters were drawn well, and honestly there was some great scenery shots throughout the series.

Sound:

The sound track to NHK was excellent. Very emotionally appealing in the sense that it truly creates a gloomy atmosphere when it needs to and uplifting ones at other times. Oh, and who can forget "Purin Purin"? If you havn't seen the show, I promise this song will haunt you in your fuckin sleep. Seriously, that song is the devil. Worse yet, I almost enjoy it at times... I disgust myself.

Charcters:

The chacrters for this show are amazing. Definantly the highlight of the show. What makes them so great is that they are very realistic. Truth be told, I know plenty of people like these characters. Take my roommate for example... And even better is that they are very easy to relate to. At one point or another we can all relate to how they feel, and I think thats a real accomplishment for any cast. Hell, I even find myself talking to my fridge at times. Oh course, that's after a 5th of Absinth and a pack of ciggarettes, but hey it happens. I would also like to note, that as a smoker, I really like characters that smoke as well. I know that sounds kind of stupid, but I can't help it.

Overall:

Overall this is a great show. I love the pessimsitic, perverted kind of humor. Great cast of charcters, great soundtrack... I'm startin sound like Tony the Tiger, So i'll stop now. I will add though, that this show was so good it completly opened me up to the "slice of life" genre. Just something to think about.

~Phan†om