iiT3CK's avatar

iiT3CK

• Sheridan, OR
  • Joined May 17, 2013

Warning - Contains Spoilers

Higurashi season 2... First let's recap season 1....

Funny images aside, the story was actually a bit dissapointing. If you watched season 1 of Higurashi you would know how absolutly vital it is to watch the second season, but to be blunt the delivery isn't nearly as good. While I was very greatful for some answers, I was expecting more insanity. And that's what the season two plot really lacks. The series gets a bit softer and it drastically takes away from the shock value. Not to mention the logic kind of flies out the window at times. Overall the story for Higurashi Kai is still better than the majority of animes, however they kind of lost there roots. The ending is a let down as well because it truly doesn't reflect the show well at all. In its defense though, It is extremly hard to follow up the masterpiece that was season 1.

Animation:

The animation was more of the same, and I actually think this is the only core-subject the show remains consistancy in when comparing season 1 to season 2. Just wish they would have kept the high volume of bloodshed... I guess that makes me sound like a psycho huh? All well, I'll never compete with Rena or Shion.

Sound:

The soundtrack for season two Higurashi was still great. Reflecting the show very well, including the atmosphere it creates. The only reason I gave it a 9/10 instead of a 10/10 is because season 1's Opening song was far superior. I truly miss that opening.

The charcters really start to fall apart in the back half of this season. And it's never really explained why that is. I couldn't comprehend why they were able to retain memories. Not to mention that they started believing every thing they hear. It was just simply out of charcter for them. The violence gets cast to the side, and everyone became much more predictable. The only thing that made these charcters so interesting season 1 is that they were incredibly unpredictable, as soon as you take that away you have a mediocre cast.

Overall:

Overall season 2 is still quite good, but it couldn't live up to the hype. This is certainly a must watch for anyone who has watched season 1; and despite how much I'm bashing on it right now you will be entertained none the less. Higurashi should have stuck to its roots, but all well... or as Rika would say "Nepah?"

~Phan†om