iiT3CK's avatar

iiT3CK

• Sheridan, OR
  • Joined May 17, 2013

Initially I was pretty happy to watch a sequel to the brilliant Higurashi series, but I was horribly mistaken... allow me to elaborate....

I think the only reason I give it a 1 out of 10 is because I would feel guilty giving it a worse rating. To be completly blunt, there is no story; at all. Two words can sum up this OVA; FAN SERVICE. And to be honest, normally I dont mind fan service; I prefer my woman 3D but hey, I won't complain. The problem I had with this is that all the characters are children. There what, 12? 13 if they had an early birthday? I felt dirty watching this OVA, and not in a good way.

Animation/Sound:

I give the sound annd animation a good rating because, well, the animation for the show has always been legit in my opinion. Furtehrmore the intro song was mildly entertaining; so I'm inclined to give the audio a solid rating as well.

The characters were a bit out of place. And that's an understatement. When I think of higurashi, I think of axe murders and Takano's insanely annoying laugh. Instead I get something more a long the lines of a Ron Jeremy film. I will say though, despite the permiscuist nature of the OVA, it is kinda funny. So I won't bash on the characters to much.

Overall:

I believe this OVA really takes away from what made the show great in the first place. I wouldn't recommend it to friends unless they could care less about the story and are more interested in... well, im sure you could figure the rest out. I'm giving it a 3.3, but I will add that it is a bit humourous in it's defense.

~Phan†om