iOtaku13's avatar

• Joined Apr 24, 2011
  • ? / ?

Vampire Knight

Nov 6, 2011

Vampire knight is a shoujo manga and anime written by Matsuri Hino. The series premiered in the January 2005 issue of LaLa magazine. The anime series is licensed and published in English by Viz Media and Madman Entertainment. The original series was aired on April 8, 2008.

The main characters voiced by in English are Vic Mignogna (Zero Kiryu) Mela Lee (Yuki Cross) Ethan Murray (Kaname Kuran)

Ever since long ago, stretching back into the shadows of history there has been conflicts between humans and vampires. The Private Cross Academy that divides its students between the day and night class keeps a secret that the normal students don’t know about… its that the night class is made up of vampires. Yuki and Zeros job at this school as Guardians is to protect the academy and the secret itself.

Yuki's earliest memory is of a stormy night in winter, where she was attacked by a vampire and then rescued by Kaname Kuran who was a Pureblood vampire. 10 years later, Yuki Cross, the adopted daughter of the headmaster of Cross Academy.

At yuki’s side is Zero Kiryu, a childhood friend who hates vampires and is also a vampire hunter. His family was killed by a Pure-blooded vampire. He was then under the care of Kaien Cross (headmaster of cross academy and Yuki’s adopted father). Zero’s hatred for vampires had been growing for the past four years, and was suffering all this time too

Kaname Kuran is the Night Class president, he is feared and respected by the other Night Class students. As a Pureblood, Kaname is capable of controlling lesser vampires, but he chooses not to exercise his powers, thus earning the respect of the Noble vampires. He also tends to show his kindness towards yuki sometimes. The night class are also Pawns for kaname’s chess game and so is Zero and Yuki.

This story is about the 3 Main characters who’s fates have been twisted by vampires. As the story progress more secrets and plots are revealed. As how Zero had been slowly turning into a vampire and that yuki tries to do all the she can for him. Yuki later on tries to remember her past but there is something going on that wont let her while suspecting Kaname knows more than what he is telling her.

In this Anime there is a lot of  “biting” and romance. There really isn’t much swearing or anything bad in it, or nudity. There is also some funny parts in it. The emotions I feel from this anime is quite a lot of pain, love and hatred.  The Graphics are quite good for me. The songs they use for the opening is my favourite and it is Futatsu no Kodou to Akai Tsumi (Japanese) Two Heartbeats and a Red Sin (english) it is sung by on/off and I think it matches the Opening video and the anime perfectly. One of my Favourite quotes by zero are. “vampires, they’re just beats in human form who drink the blood of a human”. I say people who like Shoujo and some darkness in it with twisted plots will like this anime, and ages ranged from 12-17 will enjoy it. I give this anime a 10/10!

SakoChan says...

Um...That's more of a synopsis, than review, don't you think? You should have said more about what you think about this anime, not about what is this anime about.

May 26, 2012