hotspot

Shangri-La

26 JUN
2013

I can easily say Shangri-la is one of my favorite anime's of all time. The first thing that caught my eye was that the main character Kuniko, has a boomerang as her weapon. I love boomerangs, I think they are the coolest as a weapon and I have never disliked a character that had a boomerang as their weapon. Most anime's or video games do not usually have boomerangs as a weapon of choice. I also thought it was cool that they had an lgbt character, two in fact! Transgendered people are even more rare than homosexual and bisexual characters.

Overall I enjoyed the anime, it had a nice story that always had a new twist around the corner, fun characters, nice animation, nice music ( I LOVE the opening theme!).

It's a light hearted action adventure anime that also has a dark side to it.

The only thing I wish they had added was more boomerang fighting action, which I know I am not alone on that one as I watched the series on Crunchyroll and there was one episode where everyone in the comments were saying they wanted more boomerang fighting to go on.

Shangri-la is up there on my list, I actually bought the dub too. I am not like most, I like dubs more than subs, but if I watch the sub first I will most likely not watch the dub because I usually watch an anime once unless I really enjoyed it. But for Shangri-La, I loved it so much the first time that I will watch it a second time via dub form.

Other Anime Reviews by hotspot

Saint October user review by hotspot

Saint October

Shugo Chara! user review by hotspot

Shugo Chara!

Shangri-La user review by hotspot

Shangri-La