hissatsunagareboshi

School Days

4 JUL
2011

******* don't read if you haven't seen the series and are planning to *******

[I haven't read other reviews of the series, but I can kind of guess what most of them are like]

I felt like I absolutely had to make a statement about School Days. Sure, the ending is supposed to be somewhat of a lesson about lying/cheating in a relationship ending bad, or potentially, in tragedy, but this kind of ending felt rather distasteful.

Personally, I would've liked to see a more natural, commonplace outcome that wouldn't have blown it all out of proportion. That is definitely not to say that Saionji's decision wasn't reasonable in a way.

Then again, the conclusion is what sets this series apart from others of the same genre... I can see that it's supposed to be the way it is. I would've just liked to see a more optimistic/good ending, largely because I liked the series a lot, apart from the protagonist (because he's a friggin idiot).

Had to write that... basically it kind of went downhill for me after the Folk Dance... to be fair, I'm not considering all the facts, because the conclusion was just so abrupt...

Just had to type all that, definitely a great series and one that's bound to spring varying opinions.

Other Anime Reviews by hissatsunagareboshi

School Days user review by hissatsunagareboshi

School Days

Recent Anime Reviews by hissatsunagareboshi

comments

Tomo90 avatar Tomo90
Jul 22, 2011

I agree that the last half of the anime was good, but didnt you find that the whole second half ridiculous? I mean he got with so many girls and the ending seem as plausible as some miraculous happy ending (which usually the case with harem).