hamletsmage's avatar

hamletsmage

• Edge of Reason
  • Joined Apr 17, 2011

Story: I can't say I haven't seen this particular storyline before. I can even say I've seen the stoyline done better (see Pretear for better plot devices). The whole plot revolves around keeping an ancient demon sword sealed, and protecting "artifacts" that are explained haphazardly as the story progresses. There are several parts where the storyline deadlines, and here's the kicker, the characters even comment on it. There are one or two plot twists that you see coming a mile away, and I kept expecting, hoping, for some twist that I didn't expect.

Animation: This is one of the key points of this anime. It was pretty. As far as fluid movement, however, there were some points that I think the animators might have gotten a tad lazy.

Sound: I liked the opening theme, and most of the filler music. I marathoned this particular anime, so I'm not certain where I stand on the ending theme. As for the voice acting, there were times when I think they turned the microphone of one of the actors up to 11 just to make me rip off my earphones in pain. Otherwise, it was fine.

Characters: Well, we have the makings of a typical reverse harem. We have: the young pretty boy, the sage, the rowdy one, the blank wall, and the main love interest. Other than that, we get very little in the way of depth (other than one likes meat and motorcycles). The villians (if you can really call some of them that) aren't given much background at all, and I'm still confused about their motives. The side characters were a red herring.

Overall: I would only recommend this for the bishies, and the hope that the planned sequel is a little better.