hajjilove

Accel World

20 MAY
2012

I am bored at the moment, haven't been watching anime so much since bleach ended along with most of the other animes that I was watching that finished around the same time.

HOWEVER...

I stumbled upon this little gem of an anime. It's an ongoing series about a teenager at school, who name is Haruyuki Arita whom I also think look like an anime Cartman from South Park...

Main hero from ACCEL WORLD

See? Cartman.. in a blue suit lol

The story is set in the future where the new generation of kids have been implanted with neural connectors on their necks. Through these connectors they are able to call one another, connect tot eh internet, send emails, and in classrooms teachers can beam the school information they need straight to the students.

That in itself is awesome and the closest thing to it now in real life I would say are the google goggles. Hopefully as technology progresses we will get this technology...

ANYWAY!!! ...back to the story

The story follows our chubby hero and you see that he gets bullied a lot and he uses games as an escape from the real world which he hates a lot. Then one day whilst in his game he is confronted by the schools student council's vice-president and hot chick, Kuroyukihime. She gives him a new game called "Brain Burst" which is a Virtual Reality MMO game with a twist.

The program allows the user to slow down time in real life, and you learn that there are other abilities granted later BUT in order to maintain these new abilities all the people participating in the game have to fight one another to collect points. If they lose ALL their points the game uninstalls itself and you lose the ability to slow down time.

Kuroyukihime turns out to be a wanted individual within the game so she enlists the help of Haru to protect her against all other players since she thinks he's the best game player out there and has the same ideals as she does.

So far, the story has been interesting. It's one of those anime that doesn't need fan service to get your attention. What marvels me is the technology, I am a bit of a gadget freak as well as an anime one lol I am hoping that Google goggles, although it has been getting some bad press lately about over exaggerating what the device can do, improves and advances further. Google goggles is the start on this road to having this technology of a constant Augmented Reality.

AHEM!

The anime itself has been very interesting, we've been introduced to the idea of the leveling idea within the game and that only 6 people have reached the second to highest level and they each control a part of the game but they don't want to fight anymore because it means that 5 of them would lose all of their powers so they just rule over the other players BUT Miss vice president wants to be the first one to reach the highest level and complete the game.

Knowing that, I want to see how badass these other characters are... and I am sure that many others would too and this is what makes it an excellent anime even tho it's not finished yet.

Overall, I would give this an 8/10

Story is great, characters are loveable, music... not so much yet. Only sucky thing! This only comes out once a week!!! >_<

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this quick-ish review and I shall see you all next time

Will post a link to this in the future so keep an eye out for it !

Other Anime Reviews by hajjilove

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun user review by hajjilove

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Kamisama Hajimemashita user review by hajjilove

Kamisama Hajimemashita

Iron Man user review by hajjilove

Iron Man

overall score: 6.5/10

comments

roriconfan avatar roriconfan
May 20, 2012

"I am bored at the moment, haven't been watching anime so much since bleach ended"

You were watching Bleach as means to not be bored? Poor soul! XD

"It's one of those anime that doesn't need fan service to get your attention."

- Naked underaged girls in every episode.

- Pattering videogame nerds.

- The game also makes no sense.

It is a 100% fan service show.