gmross's avatar

• Wisconsin
  • Joined Jul 4, 2011

Animatrix

Jul 5, 2011

The Animatrix was a unique and fun experience. Although not exactly what I had hoped. It was awesome to see many different styles of animation talking about one subject (sort of). However because it is a compilation of several short movies it is hard to give it an overall rating. What I will rate this on is how the stories worked in conjunction to the actual Matrix Trillogy. I had hoped to see stories about semi important events that did not make it into the matrix movies. There were nine shorts. Of those had something fairly related to the main story. "The Final Flight of The Osiris" was about the closest it got. The Second Renaissance Part I and II was also cool. I enjoy origin stories personally so it was cool to watch. The others didn't really have much to do with the series other than referencing the characters. They are awesome stand alone works. I recommend it to those who like seeing different artistic styles. But dont go into it thinking you'll see the animated version of neo or morpheus. (Trinity appears though).