girlinsneakers's avatar

girlinsneakers

• Lothlorien
  • Joined Jul 10, 2012
  • ? / F

Somehow, I find the title Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya quite odd.

-Melancholy-

n. A deep, pensive, and long-lasting sadness.

adjSad, gloomy, or depressed.

Do any of these fit Haruhi Suzumiya? I wonder.

Can someone please enlighten me as to the whole point of this series? Is there even a deeper meaning into it, or is it just what it is? Plot? What plot?

Chronological order or not, it was the same. The release version just made Haruhi, the main character, less immature and selfish.

Seeing as it settled itself at 129th, I thought it was worth watching. But all it did was remind me never to rely too much on ranking. I wouldn't say it was a disappointment; maybe because I just wasn't expecting much from it, based on the summary itself and from other reviews.

With all the scientific terms it brought out, the story wasn't that mind-stimulating. Sure, some aspects were, uh, entertaining but I feel like it was lacking something. There just wasn't anything in it for me to think I'd rewatch it again, and the rewatch factor is something that is very important to me.  There were times when I got by one scene after another without really listening; hence, I ended up going back in an effort to understand what the episode was all about. It was just so tedious to watch, to say the least.

So, yeah, Haruhi, I got as bored as you were.  Maybe I'll go and start my own club, too.

There were only two things that kept me watching. First, Kyon. Second, I was hoping for  something big to happen that would change my earlier opinions. But, alas, up to the last episode there were none.  No development in any way, shape, or form, from the whole story line or even from the characters.

Now, is it strange that I consider School Rumble better than The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?