galacticdude7

Elfen Lied

21 DEC
2009

-Story-

I just loved the story to Elfen Lied. It provided a ton of action and suspense, and it made you think. I was not able to predict most of the stuff that was going to happen, which is a very good thing. At first I was a little skeptical about the "Guy finds wierd girl with strange powers, but is currently desguised as an innocent little girl who doesn't know much for some unknown reason" Which I have found in DearS (Shitty anime) and Chobits (That stalled on me), but they surprised me and gave that type of anime a fresh new story, which is a major departure from the usual "sex comedy" that occurs in DearS and Chobits. I loved how each character had an interesting and original back story that wasn't typical of any anime I have seen before. The story was very compeling and it made me forget that I was watching an anime. It felt like that the story was unfolding around me, instead of me observing what happened. In my opinion, Elfin Lied has one of the most entertaining, compeling, and original story that I have seen.

-Animation-

What more can I say about the animation of Elfin Lied other than "Holy Crap, this is beautiful". The art itself is almost enough to make Elfin Lied worth watching. The animation was smooth on the characters, the violence was very well animated, and the backgrounds were stunning. Elfin Lied has some of the best animation work I have seen.

-Characters-

I found each and every character in Elfin Lied to be interesting and original. As I have said before, each character has a unique backstory, the likes of which I have never seen before. The characters were portrayed as people, and not just two dimensional characters on a screen. Lucy/Nyuu was an awesome character who did well with having a split personality. Kouta was a kind and gentle guy with a strange and mysterious past and an amnesia problem. Every other character had a unique personality, backstory, and way of thinking. All in all the characters of Elfin Lied are believable, and they are unique individuals, not some character pressed out of a formula.

-Overall-

Elfin Lied is simply put, one of the greatest animes I have seen. It is just absolutely amazing. There really is nothing more I can really say about it, but if you havent seen it, you should stop reading the rest of this shitty review and go watch it right now. Drop everything that you are doing right now, and go watch Elfin Lied. It will be the smartest decision you will make regarding what anime you watch.

Other Anime Reviews by galacticdude7