galacticdude7's avatar

• Joined May 25, 2009

Whisper of the Heart

Apr 21, 2012

-Story-

While I feel that the story was not as good as some other Studio Ghilbi films, it was still a decent plot and an interesting story. It was a story that was based more on real life than most Studio Ghilbi films, but it was excecuted well. Its basically a story about growing up as we follow the Junior High student Shizuku as she deals with issues of love and finding out more about herself. This is also one of the few Studio Ghilbi films that has romance as a critical part of the story, and for the most part it was excecuted well, except the romance got complicated with all of the crushes the side characters had with eachother. My biggest complaint about the plot was that it seemed to lack focus in the early parts of the film.

-Animation-

Its your good old Studio Ghilbi animation, its great.

-Characters-

The characters were pretty interesting to watch and they were all very unique. Shizuku makes for a good main character to explore the themes of the plot in depth, and her friend Seiji is also going through a lot of the same things that Shizuku goes through. This film really sets up the characters well, anb makes us attached to them.

-Overall-

Another good Studio Ghilbi film. Not my favorite, but good.