galacticdude7's avatar

galacticdude7

• Michigan
  • Joined May 25, 2009

Recently I have really gotten into the works from Studio Ghibli, and Castle in the Sky was on my list so I decided to watch it.

-Story-

The story is very interesting and intense. It keeps you on the edge of your seat with the action, but it is also endearing for the heartwarming scenes that it has. Throughout the film I felt very emotionally invested in the film. I cared about the characters and what happened to them, which is the mark of an excellent film. The story starts out with this boy named Pazo who catches a girl who floats out of the sky named Sheeta. The story follows these two as they go on an adventure to find the lost floating city of Laputa, and along the way they meet interesting characters, both friends and foes, and foes that become friends. There really isn't anything that I can complain about the story.

-Animation-

As expected with a Miyazaki film, the animation is top notch. Castle in the Sky is a well animated treasure of a film. The animation looks smooth and interesting, the Miyazaki style is still as heartwarming as ever, the environments that the characters lived in were both amazing, and quite realistic as well.

-Characters-

I loved the characters in this film a lot. The relationship that Pazo and Sheeta share is quite remarkable, and both of them are very interesting, and they made me quite emotionally invested in Castle in the Sky. Their struggles were my struggles, their triumphs were my triumphs. There is also an exceptional secondary cast in this film, from the villian Muska to the antihero Dola. This film has a great cast of characters and they are all quite fun to watch.

-Overall-

What more can I say about Miyazaki's work here. He did an excellent job like he always does, and if you haven't seen Castle in the Sky, then you need to watch it.