galacticdude7's avatar

• Joined May 25, 2009

Puni Puni Poemy

Aug 16, 2011

-Story-

I was brought to watch Puni Puni Poemy after I finished watching Excel Saga. For the most part I felt that Poemy was pretty funny, and I found myself in various spots laughing out loud. However, I feel that too much of the humor relies too much of refuge in vularity in order to be funny, and not enough on the crazy random crap that made Excel Saga so great. I did like how the show hung a lampshade on their use of fanservice in the show, which scored some bonus points for me.

-Animation-

Overall the animation in Poemy is on par with that of Excel Saga, but I feel that there was a bit less effor in Poemy than Excel Saga.

-Characters-

My biggest complaint with Puni Puni Poemy is that we are introduced to so many characters in so little time, that we are not given the proper time to fall in love with them, and they appear one-dimensional and unneccesary. Unfortunately, Futaba's sisters fall into this trap, which I find really sad because I feel that they could have been better characters if we had gotten to see more of them. K falls into this as well and I feel it hurts him as a character.

-Overall-

I was entertained by Puni Puni Poemy, but not nearly as much as some other series. Its a pretty entertaining hour of anime. I would recommend watching it after watching Excel Saga despite Poemy's flaws.