galacticdude7's avatar

• Joined May 25, 2009

Clannad

May 23, 2011

-Story-

I found that the story of Clannad was very interesting and it was able to combine almost perfectly the balance between comedy and drama. The entire series was an emotional thrill ride, from the brink of tears moments with many of the female cast, to the jokes at the expense of Sunohara. I also liked how the series made it so that the viewer would be able to connect with the characters and feel the emotions that they had. I also liked how the ending had a solid conclusion that did not feel like a cop-out, but there are enough loose ends to make me want to watch more.

-Animation-

One can quickly tell that the animation of Clannad was done well, and it helps to convey the characters feelings. There were a few times when the backgrounds were just backgrounds, but most of the time they became environments. The animation is crucial to the success of the series.

-Characters-

I found the characters lovable, entertaining, interesting, and easy to connect with. They were all able to convey their emotions extremely well. I also loved how every character has an interesting back story which makes each character unique in their own way.

-Overall-

I would have to say that this has got to be the best Harem anime that I have ever watched for the main reason that it is not really a Harem anime. It defies the tried and dull characteristics of a normal harem anime, and creates something that is unique and interesting. I liked this a lot better than I did Shuffle!, which was my previous favorite harem anime. I would highly recomend it.

9.5/10 story