galacticdude7's avatar

• Joined May 25, 2009

Hetalia: World Series

Apr 25, 2011

-Story-

Even though I still found the story to be entertaining with all of the jokes and historical references that I love, it just did not seem to measure up to Hetalia: Axis Powers. I feel that Axis Powers was better than World Series. I felt that this was because of the exploration of the other countries in the series other than the main Axis and Allies characters, while it was good, it made me wish that I could watch more of the Axis and Allies. Also the jokes didn't seem to be as funny as the jokes in Axis Powers. I felt that World Series was a decent series in its own right, but it fell short of my expectations from the previous series.

-Animation-

Same great animation from Axis Powers returns here in World series, with the excellent character designs.

-Characters-

I fell in love with the Axis and Allies from Axis Powers, and the few various other characters that they ran across there, but I just did not feel the same connection with the characters who got more time in World Series that I did with the Axis and Allies. While they still play a major part in the series, they are not as big and have to share the spotlight with characters I did not connect to as well in World Series. Some exceptions include Prussia and Hungary, which I found quite funny and entertaining to watch, but I did not like Poland so well, and I'd have to say that he is my least favorite character in the series. While the vast majority of the other characters are also good, I just didn't feel the same connection with them as I did the Axis and Allies.

-Overall-

While I still enjoyed World Series, it fell short for me due to the expectations I had of it from Axis Powers. I would still recommend it, but it is not as good as Axis Powers.