galacticdude7's avatar

galacticdude7

• Michigan
  • Joined May 25, 2009

-Story-

The story of High School of the Dead is you basic zombie survival story that has been done so many times already. It really is not the most unique thing, but I still found myself liking it. The action scenes were awesome, which is a very pivitol role in any zombie survival story. The scenes inbetween the actions scenes with character growth were not all that great and some of the lines were not that great. These scenes are almost like Star Wars love scenes, they just suck and it does not work there. Fortunately for High School of the Dead, these scenes don't matter a whole lot in the genre they are in. I also liked the cliffhanger towards the end and it makes me wonder if there will be a second season in the future.

-Animation-

Great art in all of the zombies and the animation brought out the awesomeness of the action sequences. The characters looked great. There really is nothing to complain about here with the art and animation.

-Characters-

I don't know what it was, but the characters always seemed to fall flat on me. I felt that they didn't have much depth to them, and I also felt that the only reason for some of the characters to exist was purely for fanservice reasons. Kouta would have to be my favorite character because he was the one that interested me the most out of all the cast.

-Overall-

I really wanted to like this anime a whole lot. At first I felt that it was going to be really good, but for one reason or another, it fell flat on me. As an action piece, it is awesome, but it does not have much else to bring to the table. Sure I still enjoyed watching it, I just had too many expectations of High School of the Dead.

Azndragon says...

You are really hard to impress, are you not?

Oct 25, 2010