galacticdude7

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru

31 JUL
2010

-Story-

While the story did have its few funny moments, they were rare and made me rarely laugh. The story itself did not seem to have any focus at all, with it switching between episodic and linear story. Also the main point of the plot in the beginning of the series is completely lost by the end of the series. I was also upset by the random super-natural element in the story, when there is no reason to believe that the super natural have any hold on the world of the series, and the ghost seemed completely out of place in the show. I also got tired of the antics of the series by around the 3rd or 4th episode. I did not find it enjoyable.

-Animation-

There was one main problem that made me really hate the animation of Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, and that was the over use of stills. It got down to the point were it was downright obnoxious and it looked rather unprofessional. Also the character designs seemed uninspired.

-Characters-

The characters were really flat and one dimensional throughout the series. Also they all seemed to have simular life stories, usually involving the death of someone close to them the only really likeable character was Mizuho-chan, who was the main character and was really the only nice character too. The rest seemed either mean or they were airheads.

-Overall-

I felt that this series had potential, but it let me down on many levels. I would suggest that everyone avoid this anime.

Other Anime Reviews by galacticdude7