galacticdude7's avatar

• Joined May 25, 2009

Tokyo Godfathers

May 18, 2010

-Story-

Tokyo Godfathers has a very touching story as the main characters go out of their way in an attempt to reunite an abandoned baby to its mother. Throughout the film, we get to learn about the past of all of the main characters, and what happened to them that caused them to be homeless. There are several very touching moments in the movie and there where also some parts that made me laugh. This tale is littered with touching moments and miraculous occurances. The story was very good. Some parts of it where slightly predictable and there where a few cliches, but other than that it was a very good story.

-Animation-

The animation of Tokyo Godfathers is very clean and highly stylized. It has good art in to that helps tell the story in a proper light.

-Characters-

I just love the characters in Tokyo Godfathers. Each one of them has a unique past and we find out their stories on how they once where and how they got to where they are now. Their background stories checks to make sure that the characters where not bland or one dimensional with only one overridding trait. The stories of each character make you like them and see that they are normal people with problems that people do face. They are well executed and provide an excellent source for a good story.

-Overall-

Tokyo Godfathers is a very touching piece and deserves to be watched by people of all backgrounds.

7.5/10 story