galacticdude7's avatar

galacticdude7

• Michigan
  • Joined May 25, 2009

-Story-

The story here is just simply amazing. It reaches out to the audience and makes them feel as the characters feel. The storyline is compelling and emotional. It makes the you feel like you are a part of the story of these characters. It may be a sad story, but it makes one ponder, especially if you are an American like me. For an American audience, it brings a new prespective of World War II to us. It makes one realize the kind of suffering brought on by the war, and the firebombing of Japanese cities. The story really connects to the audience on an emotional level. It is also full of sybolism, many of which I probably missed. I simply loved this storyline.

-Animation-

The Art that encompases the world of Grave of Fireflies is great. The environments of the character's world are really brought to life. When you see the city destroyed by the firebombing, it looks spectacular. Its probably the best artist representation of a firebombed city I have ever seen.

-Characters-

The Characters are excellent. Seita and Setsuko are probably the best example of love between sibling that I have ever seen in an Anime. You really realize how much Seita loves Setsuko when you see what he is willing to do for her. These characters are really believable and help convey the emotion necessary to make Grave of the Fireflies as good as it is.

-Overall-

I highly recommend Grave of the Fireflies to anybody and everybody. I think this is one Anime film that everyone should see. It was that good.

9.5/10 story