flyboy42's avatar

• Almost there
  • Joined Jan 17, 2008

Sumomomo Momomo

Nov 6, 2009

This show is among the worst show that was possibly aimed at my audience. Its annoyingly fanservacy and much of it goes nowhere, which is okay for a school slice of life, but not an action anime.

So the story is about this guy who likes to study and hates martial arts, despite his action heavy ancestry. Then the rest of the show is mostly about him getting sexually assulted by some sort of pink haired... thing. Yeah, it's funny the first few times she tries to sleep with him, and then she gets tied up and  thrown outside, but that gets old fast, and the only pleasure you can get out of it at that point is that people are getting hurt for their poor excuses for comedy. And that worries me.

Oh right, you wanted the real story... Uhhmm, I think I can do that. Lets see, there are two ancient warring factions divided up by the chinese zodiac, but they turn into the animals if embraced by the opposite gender and they are still warring today, mosty to try and take out the koushi because he's the head of one of the sides or something, I kinda stopped caring after a while.

Now you're probably wondering why I watched this show if I hated it so much. MOSAIC.WAV is why, I love their music, and they did the opening themes. Somehow their music kept me going for the 24 episodes. That said, there's not much else in the music section. And MOSAIC.WAV's music is an aquired taste anyway.

Now the characters, oh the characters. Momoko could be replaced by a post-it note that read "I want to have Koushi's babies" Iroha could be replaced with a picture of a half-dressed loli with "ninja" written on it. And then there's sanae. At first she seems like the most likable out of all the girls in the series, kind, normal, and not planning on jumping the main character in his sleep. but then we find out that she goes around at night in a skimpy outfit, fighting crime. THEN we find out that the less she wears, the more power she gains. When I read this I immediatly turned off the tv, went into my room, and went to bed, because there was no way that I wasn't dreaming such a stupid plot point. I don't care how badass she can be while naked, Such A Blatent Excuse For Fanservace Is Never A Good Thing.

On the other hand, the guys in this show aren't half bad, I dont know if it was because of the contrast from the girls or that Shinobu Ohtaka just can't make good girl characters. Koushi is actually the type of guy you'd expect to be a harm lead, charming, attractive and hardworking, a fresh thing in the harem world. Hanzo is more like a normal harem lead, geeky, meek and unlikable, but he gets treated like he should and never gets anywhere romanticly. Also he's a ninja. Tenka is fun because he's this big tough man who acts like a cat and talks to a soccerball named becky, both pretty fun things. And Saigo who is what I assume most japanese think of americans, except for his love of nice things. I like nice things, and this is a nice thing.

Really, this show is only half good, or at least it would be if they gave the men more time. So really we have mindless ecchi instead. I reccomend this show to people who saw sora no manimani and thought it was too good/not enough action. Also to people who like the idea of heavy handed excuses for thier ecchi, so eiken fans then.

DannyOtaku87 says...

Ture the Ecchi points were a bit lame an a few episode felt like deja vu... well alot of them did lol. Maybe I'm tired of the !HARDCORE! animes but I thought this was cute in some ways an not all that bad. Maybe it just seemed to weird to you, you have never had a somewhat "odd" girl like you who's intrests had nothing to do with yours? Least for me I found some of it funny, Mommoko reminded me of a girl I knew so I got a kick out of that too. (Both had pink hair go figure.) I think people often overeact when they think anime needs some deep core story. Thats not true, But that being said I also refuse to watch what I consider garbage so it could be personal tastes I honestly can't stand Full metal Alch, yet that wont affect anyone who loves it. Eh your veiw I would have given it atleast a 6/10 I've seen better but I've seen worse.

Aug 7, 2010
bwj90 says...

You suck. < Intentionally a dot, because it's the end of discussion.

Jan 12, 2010