flyboy42

Kamichu!

7 OCT
2009

3. Kamichu!

As Locustofchiron said, I like the type of animes in witch nothing happens for the simple reason that they are pleasant to watch. There is nothing more pleasant that kamichu. It's the animefactaion of happiness.

So the goings on in this one is that Yurie Hitotsubashi suddenly becomes a god. No not like haruhi, a shinto god of... something I'm sure. Also, everyone knows that she is a god, thanks to the overzealousness of a certain Matsuri Saegusa. So now all Yurie needs to do is come to terms with the fact that she is a god. And confess her love to a strange boy. So they go one various adventures one would go on in as a middle school student in a town by the sea in the late 80's. Things like intergalactic espionage, boat salvaging, tornado fighting, and street fighting cats. Did I mention Yurie was a god? That might be important.

Have you ever seen a Miyazaki movie? It's kinda like that. Only not made by studio Ghibli. Interestingly enough, this is also kid friendly. So this is kinda like if spirited away or my neighbor totoro was 16 episodes long. What I'm trying to say is, the art is beautiful.

Another thing that is beautiful is the music, just try and hate its OP. Pretty much every track (even the bgm) feels like it was really worked on and made well. Plus they add to the overall mood of the story. The dub is the kind where if you were to show someone who speaks neither language both languages simultaneously, he would not be able to tell the difference. Also, immersion is kind of important, and I've never known real people to spout words to the bottom of my vision.

If you want to feel good, or feel as though you lived in japan in the 80's. Watch this show. But keep in mind, to not watch this show means to not want to feel good. Do you not want to feel good?

Other Anime Reviews by flyboy42

Hidamari Sketch user review by flyboy42

Hidamari Sketch

Midori Days user review by flyboy42

Midori Days

GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class user review by flyboy42

GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class

comments

default avatar brunoais
Mar 27, 2011

Your comment almost summs it up except for the last paragraph.This series are as good as you say. All songs (OP & ED) and BGM are amazing!!! I totally agree with your 10/10 mark.

Ppl! Don't go with the child-friendly tag as "Bah! This is for kids". It isn't on ly for kids(!) believe me!