eaper's avatar

• Joined Dec 3, 2009
  • 24 / ?

Moshidora

May 15, 2011

Personally, I find baseball, by and large, to be incredebly boring. This leads me to steer clear of baseball anime, but, in this case, I heard taht this is more of a "management" series than a baseball one, persay. Also, the idea that they were releasing an episode a day (although being during finals time, thus making it impossible for me to keep up) was very intriguing. Anyways, on to the review proper~

Story: 9/10

Although the ending wasn't exactly something that was unexpected or particularly, to quote them, "innovative," it was extremely well done. In just 10 episodes, they managed to make more characters develop and get the viewer more emotionally attached than many long series I have seen. The premise, aptly stated by the title, is unique and allows for several unexpected things to happen throughout the series.

Animation: 8/10

The motion, character designs, etc. are all decent, but nothing beautiful. They could have done a bit more detail here and there, but it doesn't really detract from the series and a whole.

Sound: 9/10

They make good use of the idea of having a band play songs (convently, they play the OP as a pep song). The themes themselves are well done. The characters have great voice actors, doing a good job matching the character they have to play.

Charcters: 7/10

The series does a good job developing a lot of characters in a short period of time. Unfortunately, an important character doesn't get much development, nor screen time. Quite a few of the characters seemed to be developed then just ignored after that as well.

Overall: 8.25/10

This is definetly worth watching if you have some free time and enjoy seeing odd concepts collide.

8.3/10 overall