eaper's avatar

• Joined Dec 3, 2009
  • 24 / ?

Hourou Musuko

Apr 1, 2011

I find this review somewhat difficult to write. Starting out with this series, I couldn't keep the characters straight and found myself finding it difficult to keep interest in, but, to an extent, this series got better as it went on. The story and characters were interesting, but, being a series focussing on topics that I feel very far removed from, I simply couldn't relate. As the story progresses, it brings about more relatable events and characters, which I supposed made the series slightly more engauging and helped me keep up with it. The story is a good one, but, as I have said, the topic is just too far away for many people, especially people like myself, to get too engauged in. The art style and animation in this series is fairly unique, but nothing overly intriging. The opening and ending are very enjoyable, and the music in the series is more or less acceptable. If you have an interest in people with gender confusion, or go through that yourself, it would definitely be worth looking into. Beyond that, I couldn't say I would really recommend it to anyone.