eaper's avatar

• Joined Dec 3, 2009
  • 24 / ?

Kurau Phantom Memory

Mar 12, 2010

This series has two almost completely different shows fused together into one; a high impact action/scifi show, that dominates the first half of the series, and a drama focused around scifi with action spliced in, which is the latter half of the show. Whether or not you enjoy this show will, in my opinion, be determined on how well you believe they did in each of these areas. For me, the first half of the season was extremely up and down. The action in it was fairly entertaining, but the drama they attempted to put in between the action scenes weren't quite there yet. In the latter half of the season, they seemed to lean more on the drama, adding more side characters and depth to the main ones. This worked out much better, although it took a lot away from the action. Furthermore, the soundtrack in the latter half of the season seemed much better, emphasizing the emotion in the series.

The main issues I found in this series had to do with the lack of explanation given to certain key areas of the series, and the voice of Christmas, on of the main character. Several very important things were either not explained at all, or explained just in passing, not in depth, and in the middle of an action scene. This annoyed me somewhat, although not completely. Other than that, the voice actress for Christmas gave me a head-ache.

That being said, this series, over-all, is fairly good, extremely face-paced and not very emotional for the first half of the series, and more involved in the second half. Worth watching if you enjoy this type of series.