duchessliz's avatar

• Joined Jan 5, 2012

Bleach

Apr 9, 2012

bleach

The main arc was really quite good, but all of the filler episodes that led us nowhere except to pure frustrastion as they showed up right in the middle of a friggin' battle and dragged on for what seemed like an endless amount of episodes did nothing except irritate me. I only knocked off four points because, as I said before, the main story is quite good its just the long irritating filler episodes ruined the full effect. By the time it returned to the main story the tension that had been building got lost along the way to the climax and the effect was greatly subdued, much to my dismay.

story

Animation:

The animation wasn't really anything spectacular, but it had clean lines and was well drawn. Very much what you expect from your typical shounen anime.

animation

Sound:

The voice acting was well done and fit the characters admirably. The music was, for the most part, quite good. There was some openings and some endings I didn't care for, but that is not unusual in a long running anime, it's only to be expected.

characters

I really quite enjoyed the characters in this anime. There were a great many of them, and they worked together splendidly. For me, I knew right from the beginning who I was going to like and who I was going to dislike. The only characters that surprised me were Renji and Kenpachi, who I had taken an initial dislike to and yet they were able to win me over along the way. I enjoyed the many different and varied personalities of the many, many characters, and the way that they played off of one another. Ichigo, of course, was my favorite and kinda reminded me of a cross between Naruto and Natsu (from Naruto and Fairy Tail respectively) with a smidge of his own personality tossed in (as I am a big fan of the other two anime as well, I was quite happy with their simularities, though others are free to disagree with me, but as I stated before this is just my opinion and need not reflect your own).

funny

Overall:

My overall score is that of a 7. It's quite an entertaining anime and I recommend it to any shounen fans who enjoy a good action/comedy anime. It's nowhere near the top in my favorites but. . .it was enjoyable none the less.

overall

Kimbblesrath says...

Why don't you just skip the filler arcs then?

Sep 7, 2012
RingoStarr1991 says...

Not counting the supurb and amazing first arc, stay clear of this anime and just read the manga. Like the reviewer stated there are so many unnecessary boring filler arcs that really drag the show down.

Apr 15, 2012