duchessliz's avatar

• California foothills
  • Joined Jan 5, 2012

Capeta

Nov 18, 2013

The plot was just. . .Damn! The anime is split up into three arcs. . .In the first arc we are introduced to our main character Taira Capeta. . .he is being raised by his widower father and has basically been taking care of himself. . .they are poor and so money is tight and so he doesn't complain because he knows his father is doing his best. . .he's such a considerate little kid and wayyy too adult for his age. . .anyway. . .his father ends up on a kart track and seeing the karts gives him the brillant idea of making one for his son. . .who he knows loves cars. . .Capeta ends up so damn excited over the kart and then by some turn of events ends up in his first race. . .and things take off from there. . .Fast forward four years from Capeta's first race and you come into the second arc. . .Capeta has been involved in racing through those years desperately chasing the guy he's dubbed as his rival but. . .Naomi keeps one step ahead of him. . .plus with the money issues that racing raises. . .Capeta and his team are struggling to continue in the racing circuit. . .and the big race in this arc. . .damn, I thought my heart was literally gonna stop! It was really exciting but. . .almost too exciting lol. The third arc follows the events after the race and Nobu getting Capeta a huge chance to step forward in the world of racing. . .Monomi doing her best to assist in Capeta reaching this new goal. . .and finding her own goal in the process. . .and Capeta struggling to achieve his dream. . .I really loved the competitiveness and seeing Capeta finally realize that he wanted a career in racing. . .he wanted to one day drive a Formula 1 car. . .not just to compete with Naomi. . .but because he loves racing. . .oh and, that last race. . .was the BEST! Damn but I nearly killed over from the excitment! xD The storyline was just fantastic and the races were so damn exciting! My heart was in my throat the entire time and I barely resisted the urge to scream for Capeta's victory numerous time. . .and wanted to cry right along with the characters those times he lost. . .The constant To Be Continued. . .thing. . .after every episode. . .made me want to click on the next episode every time but. . .I had to work so it took me four days to complete. . .which is like torture 'cause I would have rather marathoned it straight through. . .it was definately one of those anime where you could do that!. . .

Animation:

The animation was. . .iffy. . .I mean it was good for the most part but they used CG effects in the races and sometimes it was cool but others. . .not so much. . .but good most of the time. . .

Sound:

The soundtrack was great and I thought it really added tension to the races. . .

The characters were awesome! Capeta, Nobu, and Monami were the most fleshed out as they were in nearly every episode and were Capeta's support during the races. . .but. . .Capeta's dad, Naomi, Naomi's mom, Ryou, and a few other characters were interesting as well. . .but the main focus was the above three. . .Capeta, Nobu, and Monami. . .their friendship. . .their support. . .their williness to give whatever it took to keep Capeta racing. . .I really loved them both. . .oh. . .and we mustn't forget the monkey Sarukki. . .I cracked up every time he pulled a banana out of nowhere. . .I really wanted to know where they came from. . .but maybe some things are better left to the imagination! xD

Overall:

I've been a sports anime fan for nearly two years now. . .and I cannot believe I never gave Capeta a try before now. . .I'm so ashamed of myself! I honestly didn't think much of it from reading the description or from the screen shots I saw but they really don't do the anime justice! This was a fantastic anime! What a rush! I had the time of my life! Wish they do another season one of these days so I can see Capeta and Naomi race each other in Formula 1 cars! That'd make my day! I mean. . .it said 'See you soon' so. . .maybe one day. . .

8.7/10 overall