duchessliz's avatar

• California foothills
  • Joined Jan 5, 2012

Yakitate!! Japan

Jan 8, 2013

When I first went into this anime I thought "Its an anime about bread. . .it can't possibly be all that good. . ." but how wrong I was! Yakitate! Japan is, without a doubt, one of the funniest anime that I have ever watched! It borders on the ridiculous sometimes, but will have you laughing until you are in tears! The main story is about this young boy named Azuma Kazuma who wants to create a world famous bread that will be known as the 'Japan' bread. That is his ultimate goal and this anime leads you on a very hilarious journey on seeing Azuma accomplish this goal.

Animation:

The animation was well done in my opinion. I had no complaints what-so-ever. It suited the anime to a T.

Sound:

The voice acting was well done! I was very pleased with it! The soundtrack was also very nice and helped add to the comedy that was this anime!

Like I've stated in previous reviews, I am drawn to character driven anime and Yakitate! Japan is indeed another character driven anime. I friggin' LOVED the characters! Absolutely LOVED them! They made this wonderful anime absolutely HILARIOUS! I loved all the over the top reactions to bread tasting and ingredients! I haven't laughed this hard while watching an anime since Gintama! That's how funny they were!

Overall:

Superb anime! HIGHLY entertaining, HILARIOUS as all get out, and just plain awesome! I HIGHLY recommend to any and every anime fan that likes to laugh! xD