Version 3.0, on December 27, 2014 =>
- I'm a normal person, that likes to watch anime, and i'm doing so for quite some years.
- I live in Romania, a country in Europe.
- My anime colection: some wallpapers, around 15 manga, a few small figurines (only 7 for now), and that's pretty much it. I'm going to buy more in the future.
- I watch anime for pleasure, i'm not obsessed, and of course, I can leave without them.
- I don't know japanese (can't read at all, and know a few words that are useless in real life), but I can see an episode without subtitles, understanding close to nothing, just from the images.
- I used to watch anime daily, but since my free time is now missing, I watch anime mostly during the weekends.
- I used to watch 2 anime series at a time, so in case one was bad, the other would compensate. Now I watch just one anime from start to end, all in one day.
- I watch english subbed anime, don't like the dubs (but some were good), or them subbed in my country language.
- I watch already completed anime ( I don't want to wait a week or more for a new episode).
- Comedy is the main genre (I want to laugh or smile at least) and I continue with: Slice of life, Moe, Otaku culture, Parody, School Life, Ecchi, Harem...
- Yes I watch ecchi anime, but I like it when it's nicely integrated in the story. Panty shots are the best. I don't like "oppai".
- I don't watch violence themed anime. Yes, my tastes are exactly opposite with the majority of the US/Europe anime fans. I hate that the majority of fans want to see the blood flowing, heads droping and people killed in various ways. So horror, medieval , war, fantasy and many other anime tyes are a no no. Don't like drama either, it usually can destroy a nice anime.
- Of course, I watch anime with these tags on it, only if the scenes are mild and rare, or I'm sure they won't affect the anime.
- I give only 5 ***** or nothing at all.
- If I like an anime or something special from it, so at the end I can say I enjoyed it, I rate it 5*.
- If I don't like it or not so much (probably it's a boring anime), or some scenes destroyed the feeling, I don't rate it at all.
- I received a comment that said, that it isn't fair if I rate it this way. But go to any anime here, and see how they are rated or their reviews: even the best of the best or the worst anime have ratings between 0.5 and 5. So i'm not unfair. I can't rate how I feel.
- My anime list is up to date, because I update here after I watch all the episodes for the day.
- If I have to choose between anime or the manga: I choose anime.
- The first anime I watched, was in kindergarden. Many from my country say that Sailor Moon was the first anime that aired: No it wasn't. I watched anime before that, but i think many recall them as cartoons... even Sailor Moon is a cartoon for many.
- The moment I started to watch anime in the serious way, was 5-6 years ago, when I got connected to the internet.
- I used the "list" feature of this site to make....lists :) Here you go: http://www.anime-planet.com/users/dgmikep/lists . It took some time to pick them, and i will make many more.
- I will reply on any comments... or try to. So post one if you arrive on this page :P