deideiblueeyez's avatar

deideiblueeyez

• Wisconsin
  • Joined Aug 23, 2010

This is one of the greatest mangas I've ever read. Enough said.

The story is realistic enough. Ayu is a teenaged girl who doesn't think love exists. Her motto is "you don't need to love someone in order to screw em" and she takes that with her as she hops from one customer to another as a prostitute. That's the way she earns her living, and why not? She doesn't care either way whether she lives or dies (this is not my personal opinion, just kind of playing along her logic of things). But then she meets an elderly lady that gives her hope. And that's all I'm gonna say, you'll have to read more to find out if Ayu ever breaks from the vicious cycle of tricking herself out and actually "living" and feeling like a real human being.

Art

The art is awesome. Shojo manga-style at its finest. I was drawn in, and everything was done perfectly.

I was rooting for Ayu the whole time, and I had a soft spot for Granny. I also met some characters I didn't particularly like, but that doesn't matter. What matters is what enfolds before the reader: Ayu's struggles with her own numbness as she sells herself over and over and over again , and for what? Money? Doesn't really matter either way. Just do it because there's nothing really better to do. She grows and matures before your very eyes, transforming from a jaded teenager who's world-wise beyond her years into someone who believes and hopes and dreams that things will become better.

Overall

Sorry for anyone reading this if it was a bad review that didn't really.. make sense or whatever. I'm not good as Sothis or Vivisqueen or whatever, I apologize again. This is a VERY good read if you're into realistic slice-of-life with sex and mature themes and people struggling everyday to maintain their lifestyles and discover new feelings they've never felt before... Sounds cheesy , that last part >_> JUST READ IT!! GOD!!

9.5/10 characters