dalmain's avatar

• Joined Apr 23, 2008
  • ? / M

Roots Search

Aug 24, 2013

Roots Search starts off with the crew of the Tolmeckius, a ESP research lab in space. A crew of four people which includes our heroine Moira. Moira seems to have precognitive abilities. The crew receives an S.O.S signal and comes across the "Green Planet" a ship that has obviously been under some sort of distress. There they find the lone survivor of the ship Buzz. As well they find a mysterious alien form which they quickly dispose of, but perhaps it's too late. The story is interesting. It may remind some people of the movie Event Horizon. The characters have some background given the them. The story asks philisophical questions, like what is man's purpose and if there is a God. There is not a lot of horror anime, so for someone interested in horror with some sci-fi check it out.

I personally like 80's anime. The animation is pretty typical of the era. The music didn't stand out to me. I don't know if this would really be considered bad. It wasn't horrible nor was it great. The only thing was lack of sound effects. The characters have backgrounds for such a short OVA. I liked Moira, but that's my personal taste.

This OVA has the reputation of being really bad. I don't think it's has bad as people make it out to be. Of course it won't be for everyone. I didn't give it a high rating because certain things within the story that I didn't like, I won't spoil it. The lack of sound effects shows that maybe the budget wasn't substantial. I liked it for what it was. A horror/sci-fi ova.