dakotasapphire

Fate/stay night

5 OCT
2010

Story: Fate stay night has been an experience, finding one of a few good fantasy animes out there. If you love knights in shining armor, Greek mythology, medieval kings,and legends brought to life, then this is for you. Fate/stay night would be considered fantasy but, more on the bloody side; like war fantasy. Action fans would put this on top of their favorites list for sure.

Fate/stay night develops nicely and sets up a good beginning plot, and mind blowing on several levels. Like friends trying to kill each other, I say its deep on several levels. I recommend it for anyone who likes action and fantasy, cause it'll knock you out of your socks. The weak points of the show is that the ending really wasn't explained very well; the plot fell down hard in the last few episodes, though there was some sort of explanation so I over looked that in the story department.

Animation: Had very high quality. You'll definitely get a lot of eye candy, especially during the fighting scenes. This was a strong point for sure. The characters were beautifully done as if they each where done slowly like an artist making every detail out on their canvas. Oh, the scenery, the scenery was done magnificently; most of the time I thought I was in the show.

Sound: The soundtrack was beautiful. The soundtrack worked very well with every single moment it the series. It made me leap for joy. I smiled with envy when I heard it, and it defiantly stood out, not like most anime series with their cheesy music.

Characters: Most of the characters were designed well enough to make the story interesting, everyone in the story provided a little piece of the main plot, and without one the others would fall down like a card tower, it wouldn't work without the other. I especially like the way they clouded some of the characters in darkness to give the look that they where evil, or just sad and depressed.

Overall: Overall I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I ended up feeling completed and also wanted more. If you're a hard core fan of quality anime, Dark characters, great soundtracks, the fantasy and action; then you're in for a treat.

Other Anime Reviews by dakotasapphire

DearS user review by dakotasapphire

DearS

Ergo Proxy user review by dakotasapphire

Ergo Proxy

overall score: 8.5/10

Fate/stay night user review by dakotasapphire

Fate/stay night