dakotasapphire

Ergo Proxy

24 APR
2010

Plot Summary: In a future where the world has been ravaged by a nuclear apocalyse, there exists salvation in a domed city named "Romdo", where humans and their android servants, the AutoReiv, live in. Under the implementation of complete management control, it is a paradise where feelings are literally discarded, and the governing council dictates the way of life the citizens should live. But this utopian landscape is soon broken by a series of mystifying murders. Re-l Mayer, a female inspector from the Citizen Information Bureau, along with her autoreiv partner Iggy, are tasked to solve the murder cases. She is soon attacked by a creature drawn to her which is neither human nor android, and learns about the mysterious phenomena called "Awakening", an event which draws her further into the case...and to the world beyond the limits of Romdo.

Story: When starting the series I was confused. I didn't know what was going on but there was a good amount of plot like "the awakening" that was intresting to me, so I continued watching, and it got better. The series always makes you want more because of the Phychological part of the anime was truely overpowering in ones mind.

The story draws to finding the main character's true identity which made this show even more exciting,  there was a lot of violence, slow scenes, emotional Pow-wows, and so much more that made the story truely great.

You'd have to be a totally harsh person if you didn't like the story. I get those who don't understand and give this series a totally low rating, but if you don't watch this anime slowly you surely will think it was a big waste of time. But when watching this anime be sure to think about all the concepts because all of them are important.

Animation: If you love quality and only watch animes for their quality of animations, or the eye candy, the entertainment of viewing, then you'd probably jump for joy when watching ergo proxy, because it surely has great animation, and you'll love any kind of scene.

Sound: When hearing the beautiful and thoughtful songs of ergo proxy I was delighted. The songs stood out as master pieces and I couldn't get enough of them, the dark and powerfulness to my ears made me happy and I felt pleasured by the music. All though I heared only two songs through the whole series I admired them a great deal. If i knew where to buy the soundtrack i'd get it, which is another one of its strong points. Also The voice acting fit the characters pretty well.

Characters: The characters were pretty darn good. Most of the developing was on the Major characters, but the creators did spend a good and brief amount of time on developing the minor characters. I don't remeber seeing any characters that didn't belong, so yay! none of that was wasting my time, which made me very happy indeed. We go into a dark voyage with the characters about their past also and eventually we figure out why they are the way they are.

Overall: I gave it an 8.5 because of how entertaining it was the story was great, the animation was eye candy, the sound was magnificent and the characters were developed throughly, so yes it does deserve a very high score, watch it at your own risk because as I said before you might be a harsh judge and only have a narrow opinnion on certain types of anime.

Other Anime Reviews by dakotasapphire

DearS user review by dakotasapphire

DearS

Ergo Proxy user review by dakotasapphire

Ergo Proxy

overall score: 8.5/10

Fate/stay night user review by dakotasapphire

Fate/stay night