daisy2332

Ouran High School Host Club

6 MAY
2013

Ouran Highschool Host Club is an fun comedy/romance featuring Haruhi Fujiyoka, a high school first year on scholarship at the prestigious Ouran Academy. She looks very boyish, and when she stumbles her way in to the school's host club and breaks a very expensive vase the host club forces her to work as a host to pay off her debt.

The storyline is unique- though the reverse harem trope is not. I also pride this anime for presenting the story in a way where it doesn't feel like its ALL about the main character's romance. Provided you've seen the pilot episode most of these are stand-alone episodes that could be watched by themselves.

In the animation the eyebrows are often drawn over the hair styles (not uncommon, but something I find irritating). The characters are very one-sided and overexaggerated, even their "dark sides" are very obvious and cliche.

If you're looking for a hilarious storyline with some hunky anime men to fawn over this is the show for you. I really enjoyed figuring out which anime sterotype I was most succeptible to. Also, for people who do not want to get incredibly deep into an anime (generally the aforementioned demographic) the entire series is only 26 episodes and can easily be watched with a couple of days of marathoning (or homework procrastination, as in my case).

For those of you who do want to watch an anime and follow one show for season after season, and see weekly episodes, etc. this is less likely to be the show for you due to its short length. However, if you ever need something quick to watch Ouran Highschool Host Club is available on Hulu for easily watching.

Other Anime Reviews by daisy2332